Prior to opening a boutique law firm in Bucharest, Cristina coordinated the core banking legal department of Banca Comerciala Romana for almost two years. As a lawyer, Cristina worked for an important Austrian law firm and was a partner in a major Romanian law firm where she was involved in large financial transactions for local and international credit institutions. She offered legal assistance to clients such as Oltchim SA, Volksbank Romania, Banca Comerciala Romana, Raiffeisen Bank, C.R. Firenze Romania Bank, Intesa SanPaolo Romania Bank, Medien Holding, Fondul Proprietatea, Unicredit Clarima Banca SPA in relation to structuring of various acquisitions, M&A projects, joint ventures and banking and finance projects.
Further, Cristina has been advising several major international groups on the notification proceedings in relation to potential acquisitions of significant participations in Romanian credit institutions as well as in financial non-banking institutions and insurance undertakings.
After graduating from the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, she was successfully admitted within the Bucharest Bar and she completed post-graduated studies in International Law at the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law. Cristina has also a degree in Banking Management as a graduate of the Romanian Banking Institute.
Cristina speaks Romanian, English and French.
Cristina’s experience includes advising
- Banca Comerciala Romana and Volksbank Romania on the assignment of several major portfolio of non-performing and performing loans;
- A Romanian credit institution in relation to the control ran by the Court of Accounts and subsequent proceedings;
- Several acquirers of qualified participations in Romanian credit institutions in relation to the notification proceedings to the National Bank of Romania;
- Acquirers of qualified participations in insurance brokers in relation to the notification proceedings with the Insurance Supervisory Commision (current Financial Supervisory Authority – ASF);
- Samsung Romania on the implementation of intra-group target balancing cash pooling arrangements;
- Volkswagen group on the National Bank of Romania notification proceedings in relation to a potential acquisition of a significant participation in a Romanian credit institution as well as in a financial non-banking institution and insurance undertaking;
- Brantner Servicii Ecologice S.A. in relation to a concession contract for sanitation services;
- Metal Services LLC, d/b/a Phoenix Services LLC and Phoenix Slag Services SRL in relation to the handling, processing and valorisation of steel slag for ArcelorMittal Galati S.A.;
- Oltchim SA in relation to the acquisition of the assets related to the petrochemical activity carried on Arpechim Pitesti platform;
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A in relation to the acquisition of an indirect control participation with CR Firenze Romania Bank and also with Intesa SanPaolo Romania Bank;
- Property Fund (rom “Fondul Proprietatea”) in relation to the selection and appointment of the fund manager;